Is the child in your life on their way to Kindergarten?
Download WUCF’s toolkit to help your family navigate the development skills needed for kindergarten readiness.
The toolkit features the following sections:
- How I Grow – Descriptions and definitions of each developmental area.
- Help Me Grow – Simple and affordable strategies to nurture and empower children.
- Let’s Explore Together – Innovative television and mobile resources featuring PBS KIDS characters.
- PBS KIDS Activities – Fun, offline activities encouraging hands-on exploration & conversation.
WUCF has created a weekly calendar of fun enrichment activities that take no more than 15-20 minutes and will help prepare your children for Kindergarten! Each week includes short videos, interactive games, and some hands-on exploration.
How to Use:
- Review activities for the week and gather your materials (listed in the handout).
- Set aside 15-20 minutes of learning time each day.
- Do the daily activity with your child (use accompanying discussion questions and vocabulary)
- Have FUN!
The On My Way to K with PBS Activity Calendar aligns to early childhood standards and complements our On My Way to K Toolkit, but can also be used on its own. The resource provides a whole child approach, understanding that learning is more than cognitive, and includes opportunities for critical thinking, social, emotional, emotional, physical, arts, communication, and collaborative growth.
Designed for PreK-Grade 2 learners, STEM from the Start is a free interactive educational video series that helps kids explore the basic principles of physical science and other STEM topics by engaging children in learning that is fun, engaging and long-lasting. Each lesson is designed to be paused so educators and parents can engage children in guided discussions, hands-on experiments and scientific explorations, using the downloadable Discovery Guides for support during each section. Provided by our New Hampshire PBS partner station.
Happy, Healthy Kids
Need to get those wiggles out? Or want to know more about how to be healthy? Happy, Healthy Kids teaches children about the importance of movement, as well as eating healthy and understanding feelings. Watch them all here.
Twenty-Second Nursery Rhymes
Looking for more fun songs for your child to sing while washing their hands? Enjoy this YouTube playlist of fun, short nursery rhymes — all with a handy 20-second timer!
Sesame Street Fun at Home Activities
From yoga to search and finds, Sesame Street can help keep your kids active and engaged with this YouTube playlist while they are home from school!