Employment at WUCF TV and WUCF FM:
WUCF is home to WUCF TV, Central Florida's only PBS station and WUCF FM.
There are currently no open positions.
WUCF offers college students hands-on internship opportunities in television and radio production, promotions, social media, and business operations. Internships are held every semester for a select group of students. If you are interested in interning with WUCF, please review the frequently asked questions below.
What factors do you consider when selecting an intern?
An applicant's skills, strengths, academic record, prior experience, career interests and current departmental needs at WUCF.
Are WUCF TV internships paid or unpaid?
All internships are unpaid and must be completed for college credit. WUCF also considers "work-study" students and special academic mentor programs.
How often do you offer internships?
WUCF offers internships every semester in different departments throughout the station depending upon need.
What types of internships do you provide?
- TV Production
- Pre-requisite is TV Practicum (RTV 3942L)
- Radio Production
- Pre-requisite is RTV 4561
- Please go through the College of Education for more information
- Interns on WUCF communications team will learn how to add multimedia content including on-demand/live streaming video, graphics and widgets.
- They will also learn how to market news across various social media networks (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more) as well as through the WUCF website and additional communication channels.
- Interns will work with staff and to ensure content quality is received.
- A keen interest in digital storytelling is required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, social media posting, blogging, and/or nonlinear editing is helpful.
How do I apply?
Download this application and email it here along with your resume and cover letter detailing your career interests and prior experience.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis for each upcoming semester.